Sunday, March 20, 2011

The Three P's: Promo, Promo, Promo

See that? It's my sexy, new, official poster for Al's Music Rant at the Melbourne International Comedy Festival 2011. Nice eh? Big shoutout to the one-and-only Linden Duck for that one. Well, new poster and new post means tickets are available right now!
Click here to go to the official festival event page:
A shortcut to skip the promo and get some tickets:
But in short I'll be on from March 30th - April 10th at Eurotrash Bar, Level 1, 18 Corrs Lane.

What's that? You'd like a more convincing argument? Well, I'm glad you asked, because tomorrow I'm being interviewed for 'Living In The Land of Oz' for the digital radio station, 979fm.
Tune in live tomorrow (Mon Mar 21st) from 2-4pm at www.979fm.net when I speak to the excellent Leigh 'Lee-Roy' Stancliffe about the blog, the comedy fest show, and my own shortcomings in being able to recall my favourite Aussie bands under pressure - hilarious!
If you can't listent to it live, you can always download or stream it a little later from the Interviews section of www.livingintheladofoz.com

While we're on the MICF blower, don't forget that I'm also directing a show in the comedy fest called Archibald Wheeler Whets The Whistle. It's a one-man narrative comedy by my good friend, the very funny and talented Patrick Miller. You may know Pat from the peerless comedy ensemble Vigilantelope whose alumni included Slow Clap (whose award-winning production The Hermitude of Angus, Ecstatic is also playing at MICF). Archibald is bound to be a ripper of a show - even if I do say so myself. This is his pretty promotional material:
In music related news, keep your eyes peeled to these very pages for a very special two-part, in-depth, no holds barred interview with one of my favourite bands, can you guess who?

No comments:

Post a Comment